Application forms are listed at http://www.cas.appstate.edu/students/scholarships
Richard A. Thomas Memorial Scholarship for Arts and Sciences ($2,390)
This scholarship recognizes outstanding academic progress and leadership for sophomores or higher pursuing a major in the College of Arts & Sciences.
- Must demonstrate a verifiable need for financial support; a financial aid form must be on file.
- Must display success and progress in academics and exemplary leadership in one or more of the following areas: 1) service-learning component of an academic course, 2) community-based research, 3) international service-learning (either ASU or International Partnership for Service-Learning and Leadership sponsored), or 4) advancement of service-learning initiatives such as serving on the Student Service-Learning Task Force, serving as the Peer Leader of a Freshman Seminar class that is involved in service-learning, serving as speaker for a service-learning, etc.
Jonathan K. Perryman Memorial Scholarship ($1,235)
This scholarship is intended for rising juniors and seniors majoring in either Biology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics and Astronomy, Environmental Science, Mathematics or Computer Science.
- Must be full time students
- Must demonstrate satisfactory performance of at least a 3.0 grade point average.
GlaxoSmithKline Women in Science Scholarship ($1000, one available)
This scholarship recognizes outstanding scholarship and provides an incentive for women science students to enter the science profession. The student will be provided with a woman scientist mentor at GlaxoSmithKline.
- Must be a full-time female student at Appalachian majoring in and planning a career in the sciences
- Must have a current GPA of 3.0 or better - with the potential for maintaining satisfactory academic performance (3.0 GPA)
- Preference is given to sophomore applicants who would likely be eligible to receive the award in subsequent years
Peggy Harmon Shore Pre-Health Care Professional Scholarship ($530)
This scholarship recognizes outstanding scholarship and provides support to a student seeking a career in a health care profession.
- Must be a full-time student at Appalachian majoring in a pre-health care program that will lead to a career in a health care profession
- Preference is given to applicants who demonstrate financial need and have achieved academic success